Simple Weet-Bix (and chocolate) Slice
This is a cracking recipe to make and its FUN + FILLING + TASTES GREAT!
I just made it and its all gone so i guess I’ll be back at it again soon … it was a hit and the best bit is its got some goodness with the Weet-Bix as a main ingredient.
- 5 Sanitarium Weet-Bix crushed (crushed mine in a food processor but could be fun to SMASH!)
- 1½ cups white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- ¾ cup coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
How to ….
- Combine Weet-Bix, flour, baking powder, cocoa and coconut in a mixing bowl.
- Place sugar, golden syrup and margarine into a saucepan and simmer until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla essence and blend together.
- Pour the liquid blend over dry ingredients and mix together.
- Press into a 20cm x 30cm lined baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180?C, for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Ice with chocolate icing while still warm.